Monroe Library Blog

Thursday, March 11, 2010

So Long Booklist....

Like many, I keep a long list of books I would like to read in the future. Over the past few weeks, I have been working my way through the list at an increased pace because of some great news I received in December. At the end of last year I was very fortunate to learn that I have been appointed to the 2011 Robert F. Sibert Award committee, a committee that selects the most distinguished children's nonfiction book published the previous year. Aside from being a great honor and an opportunity to take a part in advocating for children's informational books, it also means I will be reading A LOT of children's nonfiction. In fact, the first box of books arrived yesterday. After bringing the box in the house, I made a point of finishing Gillian Flynn’s Dark Places, crossed it off my list, filed the list under “open January 2011” and embarked on what is sure to be an informative and busy ten months.

For more information about the award and to view previous winners click on Sibert Award

No comments:

Post a Comment