Monroe Library Blog

Monday, March 8, 2010

Do You Prefer Cats or Dogs?

When it comes to cats and dogs, I am definitely a dog person. I have a Jack Russell/cocker spaniel mix and a beagle/cocker spaniel mix. For the most part, the Jack Russell is obedient and calm, except when he hears the doorbell or spots another dog while we're on a walk (and then he become ferocious)! He absolutely loves watching tv, and jumps up and barks at the screen any time he sees an animal.



The beagle is affectionate, playful and very disobedient. There is almost nothing she won't eat, including diamond earrings, library books, anything out of the garbage, and my favorite shoes. She has made me late to appoinments by escaping out the front door and running around the neighborhood. She loves diving into the pond and mud by my house, attempting to get the ducks. She ruined my in-laws' perfect backyard by digging numerous holes. She howls and gets frantic when we go somewhere in the car. She follows me around so much that I trip over her. Despite all that, I can't imagine life without my dogs.
If you're a dog lover like me, check out some of these library books. I even added a few for all you cat lovers out there.





Inside of a Dog

100 Ways to Understand Your Dog

Do You Look Like Your Dog?

Dog Joy

Woof

I am the Cat, Don't Forget That: Feline Expressions

Do Cats Hear With Their Feet?

Happy Cat, Happy You: Quick Tips for Building a Bond with Your Feline Friend

Planet Cat: A Cat-alog

Which pet do you prefer? Do you have any stories to share?

1 comment:

  1. I am a cat person, although I love all animals (great and small). I'm convinced my boy, Rudy, understands English and chooses to pretend he does not. I think we (finally!) are learing that other animals are very smart in ways that differ from humans, but are just as important.

    ReplyDelete