Monroe Library Blog

Monday, December 28, 2009

Happily Obsessed

I admit it--I'm hooked ,addicted, obsessed. It's harmless--- it's TV series on DVD!
I'm not much of a TV watcher. I'd rather be reading.

That said, it began with the TV series "Slings and Arrows", the hilarious send-up of a Canadian professional regional Shakespearean company of actors. I watched as many episodes as I could each and every evening. When I'd watched them all, I felt like life was not worth living.

I just finished " Mad Men Season One" and it's the same thing all over again. I have Season Two on hold so I have something to live for.

I don't subscribe to cable TV but I can get these series at the library!

2 comments:

  1. I empathize with you, Betsy. Quick question...does watching three seasons of Lost in two weeks constitute a problem? Who needs cable when you have the library? :0) Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only lit.-lover who gets caught up in these series on DVDs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would recommend Foyles War, a PBS Acorn Media series. If you can handle stuff a little racier, try Weeds, Six Feet Under, and Rome. These are Shotime and HBO series. You are right, Mad Men left me starving for more. Its a great series!!!

    ReplyDelete